Te Hauora o te Wairoa (Wairoa Health) provides public health services to the Wairoa community and also provides the venue for family GP practice, Queen St Practice.
Features of Wairoa Health:
- Acute medical inpatient beds
- Queen St Practice — a privately-owned general practice operating out of the Wairoa Health location. A chiropractor, osteopath and podiatrist are also onsite.
- a secondary (level 2) emergency department that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Maternity services
- Specialist outpatient clinics — Cardiology, Renal, Neurology, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Vascular, Gynae/obstet, Colposcopy, Urology, Ear Nose & Throat, Orthoptics
- Laboratory/testing services
- Radiology (x-ray) services
- Mental health and addiction services
- Community and district nursing services
- Meals on Wheels.