Te Hauora o te Wairoa (Wairoa Health) provides public health services to the Wairoa community and also provides the venue for family GP practice, Queen St Practice.
Services at Wairoa Health:
- Acute medical inpatient beds.
- Queen St Practice — a privately-owned general practice operating out of the Wairoa Health location. A chiropractor, osteopath and podiatrist are also onsite.
- Secondary (level 2) emergency department that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maternity services.
- Specialist outpatient clinics — Cardiology, Renal, Neurology, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Vascular, Gynae/obstet, Colposcopy, Urology, Ear Nose & Throat, Orthoptics.
- Laboratory/testing services.
- Radiology (x-ray) services.
- Mental health and addiction services.
- Community and district nursing services.
- Meals on Wheels.