Ngā Harakeke mai Rongokako, Child, Adolescent and Family Service
We work with tamariki/children, youth/rangitahi aged up to 18 years experiencing severe mental health difficulties.
Our team consists of psychiatrists, nurses, family therapists, psychologists, social workers, counsellors, occupational therapists and a dietitian. A Pou Ārahi (cultural strategist and mediator) is also available if you want further support.
CAFS main base is at 208 Avenue Road East Hastings, however it has clinicians working from Napier Health, Wairoa Health and Central Hawke's Bay Health Centre in Waipukurau.
For your convenience, you can now download all of The Lowdown factsheets for adolescent and young adults including:
- Understanding depression
- Facts about young New Zealanders and depression
- Understanding anxiety
- Options for dealing with depression
- How you can help someone with depression
- Helping yourself
- Getting the sleep you need
- Problem-solving and getting sorted
- Studying and depression
- Drinking, drugs and depression
- Dealing with bullying
- Sexuality, gender identity and depression
- Depression during and after pregnancy