COVID-19 testing centres in Hawke's Bay
If you have cold or flu symptoms you need to stay home and get yourself tested for COVID-19. Testing centres are operating in Napier, Hastings, Wairoa and Central Hawke’s Bay. The highest priority is to test people who are symptomatic and/or have been in contact with a confirmed or probable case.
The symptoms include: a cough, a high temperature of at least 38°C, shortness of breath, sore throat, sneezing and runny nose and temporary loss of smell.
People can ring one of the numbers below to immediately book a test, or ring their doctor.
- Napier: 06 650 4000 open 9am-5pm Mon-Sun
- Hastings: 06 281 2644 open 8am-8pm Mon-Sun.
- Wairoa: 06 838 8333 open 8.30am-5pm Mon-Fri.
- Central Hawke’s Bay residents need to be referred from their doctor or Healthline: 0800 358 5453.
Hawke's Bay Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Hospital
Phone 06 878 8109
In an emergency, call 111
Please respect our current visitor policy.
- Emergency Department: x1 support person only
- Wards: x2 support people allowed (Please make sure ward doors are closed securely behind you, after you enter and exit).
Thank you for helping to keep our staff and our patients safe.
Need to register with a doctor?
Find a family doctor or general practice taking on new patients.
Need urgent after hours care?
General practice after hours is the best place for urgent care that is not critical or life threatening.
Healthline on 0800 611 116 also offers free health advice 24/7 from a registered nurse.
Remember: Emergency departments are for emergencies. Priority is first given to people needing critical or life threatening care.