Parking at Hawke's Bay Hospital
Vehicles parked on the Hastings Hospital site anytime between 8am and 4pm weekdays are required to pay for parking. Parking is free before 8am, after 4pm, and on weekends and public holidays.
- Pay and display machine: pay at the machine and put the parking receipt on the dashboard of your vehicle. The cost is $1.00 per 3.5 hours of parking. Note: machines will accept coins (no change provided) or debit/credit cards with chips.
- 'ParkMate' app: Download the ParkMate app to your device, register your vehicle, and pay as you go. The cost is $1.00 per 3.5 hours of parking.
Free parking areas:
- There are free drop-off zones outside the Emergency Department for labouring women.
- There are free, time-limited parking spaces for specific treatments; for example blood test P30 (30 minutes parking) or therapy patient parking P90 (90 minutes).
Patients and visitors who are exempt:
Exemptions can be provided for certain patient and visitor groups. Exemption requests will be considered by the Go Well team in conjunction with departments, service directors, and the Māori Health Service. The exemptions include, but may not be limited to:
- mobility permit holders
- motorcycles parked in designated motorcycle spaces
- renal patients who drive themselves to dialysis
- long-term and frequent users of hospital services - please ask your provider about parking exemptions on your next visit if you think you may qualify.