Te Hauora o te Wairoa (Wairoa Health) provides public health services to the Wairoa community and also provides the venue for family GP practice, Queen St Practice.
Click here to view visiting hours and information for all Hawke's Bay sites including Wairoa Health.
Services at Wairoa Health:
- Acute medical inpatient beds.
- Queen St Practice — a privately-owned general practice operating out of the Wairoa Health location. A chiropractor, osteopath and podiatrist are also onsite.
- Secondary (level 2) emergency department that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maternity services.
- Specialist outpatient clinics — Cardiology, Renal, Neurology, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Vascular, Gynae/obstet, Colposcopy, Urology, Ear Nose & Throat, Orthoptics.
- Laboratory/testing services.
- Radiology (x-ray) services.
- Mental health and addiction services.
- Community and district nursing services.
- Meals on Wheels.