Sore throats clinics
Free sore throat clinic services are offered in Hawke's Bay.
What is a sore throat clinic?
A sore throat clinic makes it easier for at-risk children and young people to get their sore throats checked and treated. At a sore throat clinic you can get your sore throat checked on the same day and receive free antibiotics if you need them.
Who can get free sore throat clinic checks?
- Māori and Pacific children and young people aged 4-19 years
- 4-19 year olds living in areas with the highest measure of neighbourhood deprivation (NZ Deprivation Index Quintile 5)
- 3-35 year old household contacts (with a sore throat) of someone who has been treated for a strep throat infection.
Where can you find free sore throat clinics?
- You can also call Healthline on 0800 611 116 to find a sore throat clinic near you.
- You can go to your normal doctor or nurse. You may have to pay a fee; you can phone ahead to check.