A host is anyone that receives or entertains other people as guests. When alcohol is served or if guests bring it with them, hosts have a role to play in ensuring that alcohol is consumed safely on their premises. Host responsibility is all about creating responsible drinking environments. Licensed premises should have a Host Responsibility Policy.
- Preparing a Host Responsibility Implementation Plan
- Sample Social Responsibility Policy for off-licenses - (download word version)
- Guides for Frontline Bar Staff
- Intoxications Assessment Tool
- Guidelines for crime prevention through environmental design
Our Population Health team work with licensees to assist them with developing their Host Responsibility Policies.
We also offer Host Responsibility workshops. If you would like to attend a workshop, please get in touch.
Servewise also have a great online training programme for hosts.