The pulmonary rehabilitation programme is an eight week programme which focuses on information and interventions to enable people with respiratory disease to self manage their condition.
The eight week education programme includes:
- Understanding obstructive and restrictive lung disease
- Respiratory pharmacology
- Staying out of hospital
- Anxiety control
- What is available in the community for support
- Breathing techniques
- Sputum removal
- Breathing during exercise
- Recovery breathing
- What to do in an emergency
- Planning ahead
Your doctor or practice nurse can refer you to the programme.
Once a referral is received, a comprehensive assessment and individualised treatment plan is established.
The pulmonary rehabilitation service is open Monday to Thursday, 8:30am–4:30pm
The education programme is held:
- Tuesday and Thursday, 9am-11am, Pettigrew Green Arena, Taradale.
- Noon-2pm Hawke's Bay Fallen Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital, Hastings.
- In rural areas the times vary.
- Clinics are also held at various locations, Monday and Wednesday, 8:30am-4pm.